International Applicants

Become U.K. Certified

North Road Academy is a home office registered license employer, and we value the contribution overseas-trained teachers make to our schools. We actively encourage international applicants to get in touch regarding any of our ongoing vacancies. Please use the form to register your details for any upcoming vacancies.

Do you want to gain Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)? 

As a private, independent school, we can employ teachers without Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), and can provide the necessary training and skills to help you gain your QTS within a year whilst working at North Road Academy. We also offer Assessment Only Options, allowing you to obtain your official qualifications with ease, enhancing your development opportunities and career progression within the UK.

There are two main entryways into the UK:

Skilled Worker visa (formerly Tier 2): This applies to skilled workers who are offered sponsorship by an employer to fill gaps in the UK labour force (previously the work permit route).

For more details, please visit

Youth Mobility Scheme Visa: This applies to individuals on a youth mobility scheme (aged 18-30) who are allowed to work in the UK for a maximum period of 2 years with no option to renew (a teacher wishing to extend their stay would have to leave the country and apply for a Skilled Worker visa, formerly Tier 2 visa).

Please visit for more information.

For further details on visa eligibility, fees and the application process, visit the Home Office guidance on

International Teacher Registration
Register your details with us and we will be in touch with any relevant vacancies
Click or drag a file to this area to upload.